amazon

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day Thirty-six

Good News! I awakened at about 2:00 a.m. this morning unable to breath. I was receiving no oxygen: the hose from my oxygen compressor had been gnawed in half by Little Girl. After I was receiving oxygen, I was energized enough to say to myself, Self, I must find the hose and ask to my CPAP, set it up, and begin sleeping in my bed again. (For several reasons, it had been more than a year since I slept in my bed and almost that long since I had used the CPAP, one of the major reasons I believe I have been feeling so exhausted).

After 20 minutes of searching, I located the CPAP hose and mask in a box at the back of my walk-in closet. It took me another ten minutes to set it up on a bench (the bedside table that had held it at my house did not arrive at my apartment). What followed was the first restful sleep I have had in a year! When I awoke, I found that all three cats were sharing my bed with me. That was a neat, extra blessings I received from being able to sleep in my bed). I still need to find a table large enough to hold the CPAP, a lamp, my alarm clock, and emergency breathing kit).


Refreshed from five hours of great sleep, I went about my morning routine that begins with breakfast for Alex, Sugar, and Little Girl. Yesterday I had purchsed a large bag of cat food. I sat it on the dining room table and as I was scooping it into three feeding dishes, Little Girl leaped on the table, knocking the cat food bag onto the floor


SIGH. Such is life in my new household of three cats!


Sun's shining brightly. All 3 cats are sun bathing under sunbeams. I was, too, until I awakened a few minutes ago.


Little Girl



Sugar

Alex


The sunbathing was ended by a very strong thunderstorm with lots of hard rain. Alex sat looking out the window as if he were mesmerized by the storm

 





1 comment:

  1. Great that you are getting good sleep again, SSN! That is a huge mound of cat food!

    ReplyDelete