amazon

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day Sixty-two

Alex

Sugar

Alex is still living in the bathroom except for his meals. Sugar has been spending her time sitting/napping on the bench that holds my CPAP beside my bed. I believe that both of them are afraid of the (big) kitten, Little Girl:

Little Girl

After I sat watching Little Girl systematically push stuff off my desk, I picked her up and placed her on the floor. When she jumped right back up, I squirted her twice with water. She is now hiding in the laundry basket. 

Now all 3 of my kitty kids are in hiding, Little Girl from the water, Alex and Sugar from Little Girl.


I've been sleeping almost all day! I've not felt sleepy, but I have lacked energy. I hope everything in my body has been recharged by the sleep. Without a housekeeper, I still have much to do today!

The more that I do all the housework here, the more surprised I become. For some reason (climbing kitten maybe?) the box containing the Christmas nativity scene fell down from the closet shelf where it had been stored. Wise men, shepherds, angel, manger, and the whole Holy Family ended up on the floor. 

Using my reaching thingie, I picked up, inspected, wiped off, and returned each piece  to the box, thinking as I did, “I’ll be getting this out in a couple of months.”

But that’s not what surprised me. Also on the floor (and presumably in the box since they hadn’t been on the floor until after the box toppled) were:
  • Cat nail clippers for which I’ve been searching for months
  • Cat hair brush (one of 3 that I own) that I have missed for months
  • Clothing brush I use for removing cat hair from me
  • Small flash light with extra batteries
  • One fork
  • One pencil
  • One magnifying glass


Since it was a caregiver who packed and put the box on the shelf, I wonder what was in her mind as she added the extra, none Christmas-related items.












No comments:

Post a Comment