amazon

Monday, September 3, 2012

Day Thirty-eight





Today is Labor Day. It has been 9 years since I "retired" from pastoring; for me, today is just the same as any other day. I understand what is meant by phrases such as without darkness there can be no light and without sorrow there can be no joy. For me, there is no holiday since I have no work day.

My primary celebration of today has been sharing some of the songs of the proletariat on my Nick's Bytes blog, Facebook, and Twitter. I've alos tried to share some of the stories that go along with those songs. It's a shame that so few Americans know the history and significance of the Labor Movement in the United States, especially since the Republican party has been steadily taking away the hard won rights of working folks.



Alex has been quite needy today. I have been wondering if my pal is ill or just growing old. Through most of the day he has been sleeping as close to me as he can.




I have expanded my home farm on FarmVille but, with six farms to manage, I've yet to do anything with the new space.



Alex has been hanging close to me all day. I wonder if he is ill (his nose is cold and his ears are warm which is normal I think) or insecure (the two young cats were very active this morning) or maybe it's just that the old fella (he's 9, you know) loves me.



No comments:

Post a Comment