amazon

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day Forty-three: Vipassana

This morning I was inspired to create this graphic: 


The stress in my life, especially financial, remain; however, this morning I awakened refreshed and at peace. Perhaps that is the result of my taking time last night and this morning to sit in Vipassana meditation. It has been much too long since I have experienced the peace that comes from meditating.





My neighbor  came by and told me the result of the last time she convined me to drive her to the ER late at night. She said that the doctors threw her out, told her she comes only to obtain narcotics, they were no longer going to admit her to the ER, & she needs to admit herself into a drug rehab center. I agree with the docs.



I must give serious thought to this:
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken



No comments:

Post a Comment