amazon

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day Thirty-seven

from my Graphic Wisdom post of 18 July. 2012

I have been working hard since 5:00 a.m. this morning, with 10 minute or so breaks about every half hour due to my congestive heart failure and pain in my left leg from the injury caused by my tank, Backache. There were several times when I considered scrapping  my objectives for today and recline in my lift chair, watching football. I didn't!

I began at 5:00 a.m. this morning shopping for groceries. Wow! I am amazed how much kitty and people food I was able to purchase for my $50.00 limit. It took four trips from my car to the apartment to bring the bags in; I was breathing heavily after each one. The kitty kids where happy (I think) because I was able to locate their absolute favorite kitty cat treats.

After 40 minutes and two breaks I had rearranged the cupboard and stored all of the provisions. Then I moved two of the three litter boxes that were in the apartment out on the patio. I shall ask my caregiver on Tuesday to help me dispose of them. I've decided that the cats don't need three litter boxes and I can keep one clean much easier than three.

My next action was to move my old kitchen garbage can out on the patio. Because of the design of the kitchen, I had to turn side ways to get about the can each time I entered of left the kitchen. Through the months that I have lived here, that has resulted in catching my nose (oxygen) tube on that can numerous times. I have also tripped on it three times; two of those I fell to the floor. 

I have replaced the old kitchen garbage can with one that is shorter but wider, actually providing more volume. Because of its abbreviated height, it fits into the cupboard and is out of my way.

My next objective was to move my hospital bed to search for my newest CPAP mask. I had located an older CPAP hose and mask in a box at the back of my walk-in closet yesterday; it worked, but I believe that the newer one will work better. To move the bed I first had to rearrange the bedroom, which took time and energy. Thankfully, my hospital bed is on rollers; even though it is extremely heavy, I was able to move it by my self.

I'm amazed what I found under the bed! A plastic box containing stuff belonging to Anne; an Afghan made by my Aunt Lill; two pillows; and some CDs. Unfortunately, no CPAP mask or hose.



2 comments:

  1. But it's great that you rediscovered the Afghan just in time for the cooling Autumn nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Thomas. Actually, I didn't know it was out: I thought it was in the chest where I store my linens.

      Delete