amazon

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day Sixty


Sugar goes to the Humane Society today to be spayed. The dear little kitty slept with me last night and is still in the bedroom because she can't eat before the surgery. I'm delaying as long as possible putting her into the cat carrier. I know that this surgery is for the best, but it tears at my heart to put my little friend through it.

We must leave here in about an hour. I pray that all goes well.





Sugar is now at the clinic to be spayed. I am tp pick her up at 8:00 AM tomorrow. I wish I hadn't had to take her there alone: she cried during most of the drive.

I am very glad that this didn't arrive until after I returned home:
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY 834 AM EDT TUE SEP 25 2012 STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WITH CONTINUOUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...TORRENTIAL RAIN...HALF INCH HAIL...AND 40-50 MPH WINDS MOVING THROUGH NORTH-CENTRAL KENTUCKY THIS MORNING...
Now I am going to take a morning nap!


Nap's been over for a couple of hours. So have the storms. In one more hour I can call the clinic to check on Sugar. 

Today is National Voter Registration Day. I've got a new post almost completed for Nick's Bytes.

I have received a call from Virginia, my probable new VA supplied housekeeper. She will be here between 1:00 and 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. I feel anxious about meeting her. The small child inside me fears being "put-down."

My new antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication isn't working. Either that or I'm stressed to a greater degree than I think I am. 

I just talked with the clinic. Sugar came through the surgery fine. I am, however, very sad: they told me that she was pregnant. I really didn't want to abort her kittens. I feel like crying. I am crying. And I can't stop crying. 

It's more than Sugar: tomorrow the woman is coming to inspect my apartment to see if she'll be the housekeeper. My anxiety is high, just as it has been with every caregiver VA has provided. I don't know if I want to go through with this.

I have decided to tell the potential housekeeper not to come tomorrow. The idea of being inspected and going through the anxiety and depression some of the past caregivers have caused me is more than I can tolerate. I'd rather try to survive on my own.






4 comments:

  1. Controlling the pet popultions is a good thing. when we had our babies we did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when newly taking antidepressants, it can take 6 weeks or more for them to 'kick in'. But maybe after that time, after a couple of months and they're still not helping, you might check back with a doctor - 'cause if they're not right for your system they can make things worse.

    My depression and anxiety and i have had many conversations. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it just makes me laugh 'cause it's so ridiculous.

    And, you helped your kitty and yourself by caring for her today. Neither she nor you need to have 2 to 6 more babies to worry about. I hope i am not offending you.

    Love, linda Wise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Linda. I'm not yet 2 weeks into the new med -- still taking 1/2 tablets, then whole ones. I still have one of the two I've been taking for years. I had dropped the more potent one 6 months ago,but added the new one about 10 days ago. I need to have faith that all works well.

      I realize Sugar is better off spade. My sorrow comes because she lost her first 2 kittens in a fire that also killed my friend Anne's kitten. Sugar was Anne's sister cat and came to live with me because they could not take her to their new apartment.

      I'll get through this OK. I'll be better off without the stress of "caregivers," I'm sure. My friends are concerned that I'll injure my health be not having my leg raised enough and the congestive heart failure will cause severe swelling. I plan to watch my leg and, if the swelling begins to show, sit down and raise it.

      No, you are not offending me. You are my friend and I appreciate your words. Thank you and many blessings to you.

      Delete