amazon

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day Fifty-one


Forget what happened long ago!
Don’t think about the past.
I am creating something new.
There it is! Do you see it?

~ Isaiah 43.18-19a


I awakened chilled this morning, so I put on this jacket. In taking this photo with my webcam I hadn't expected to have sugar in it, but there she is. And that's OK.


I have decided to attempt living on my own without caregivers. There are several reasons for that. I may share all of them later. At the moment I want to share my breakfast.



My leg hurt as I was preparing breakfast and I had to support myself to keep from falling, but I made  my breakfast and it was great.

I also can cook a neat lunch:


After lunch, I fell asleep watchiing the Cleveland v. Cincinnati NFL football game. I awakned feeling very, very hot, sweating profusly. When I checked the thermostat, I found that when I turned off the air-conditioning this morning, I also turned on the heat. It is now starting to cool off in my apartment. 

At my age, that is the type of faux pas that concerns me. I cannot see the thermostat without wearing glasses and bending over. That, unfortunately, is much more difficult for me than it was when I was younger.
It has been high cat drama today. Little Girl has been jumping and running most of the afternoon. (At the moment she is napping). One wouldn't think that this cute little one could cause as much havoc as she does:


She has knocked stuff off the kitchen counter, my desk, and the box of prescription drugs sitting beside me as I was refilling the box that separate the doses. Later, during one of her runs she landed on my hand and I'm concerned it may become infected:


For the most part, Little Girl intimidates Alex and Sugar. Alex has been hiding since breakfast. Sugar begged so treats and, after I gave her some on top of the printer, Little Girl tried to take them away from her. This time Little Girl backed off and Sugar ate her treats while keeping an eye on Little Girl.


I've located Alex's hiding spot: on top of the newly washed clothes. So, I'll have to wait his awakening before I can fold and put the clothes away.

This evening I attempted to mop the kitchen floor with my Shark steam mop. I found that the washable microfiber cleaning pad has probably not been washed since I washed it over a years ago. With the caregivers here, I have not looked at it until today. They used it often; why would they not just throw the pad into the washer, which is right beside where the mop is stored?


I am too tired from the evens of this day to stay awake any later. I realize that I never go to bed this early. Well, at least I haven't in a very long time.

Good night, World!


3 comments:

  1. I like you choices of food. Please have your hand checked out if it swells or festers. Should you change Little Girl's name to Wild Girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Sir, have had a most busy day! Hope the wounds on you hand heal well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful rest, my friend

    ReplyDelete