amazon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day Sixty-one: Sugar Is Home!

Sugar Home and Enjoying Favorite Treats

Sugar is home from her surgery! She's wide awake and does not seem to be in any pain. 

At the clinic they informed me that her pregnancy was "very early." Still, if I had known she was pregnant, I would not have allowed the surgery. Sugar lost her first littler when they were killed in the house fire along with Anne's kitten, Cain. I am sure she missed the opportunity to raise her babies to young adulthood.

The folks at the clinic also told me that Sugar has lots of fleas. She evidently got more than pregnant  during her last escape outside.

The clinic vet said that my (affordable) Hartz Flea & Tick product doesn't work well: "You msy as well use plain water."

The clinic recommended the product I used to use on Alex back when I had money; unfortunately, it costs about $15.00 a month per application.  I can't afford $45.00 a month, since I can't afford my own medicine. I have to find a better solution.

Alex hasn't seen Sugar yet. He's again hiding in the bathroom. Little Girl greeted Sugar by trying to push her off the printer and away from the treats she was eating.  I picked up Little Girl and she was not happy that I did:

These claw scratches bled a lot and still hurt

Later the girls made up and were licking each others coats. Now they are napping, as is Alex.


Sugar and I were delayed on our return because, even though yesterday I purchased gas with my last $8.00, it wasn't enough for the two fifty mile round trips to the clinic. We ran out of gas about two miles from home. Thankfully, a Good Samaritan farmer came by and put a gallon of gasoline into my car. 


While sitting in the gasless car, I took the opportunity to call the homemaker and cancel her afternoon visit. I told her that I have survived for two and a half weeks without help and I would prefer to do things on my own. I did not tell her that I am becoming a Dharma Bum hermit, even though, as I read Jack Kerouac, I think I am!




It was about 4:30 this morning that I awakened and I was up before 5:00. Anxious about Sugar and the housekeeper coming today, probably. With both of those out of the way and having eaten an excellent Meals-on-Wheels lunch, I think I am ready for an afternoon nap. 

So.... I am now going to join the kitty kids who have been napping all morning.


I've been trying to get Alex out of his cave in the bathroom most of the evening. If I sit with him in there, he climbs into my arms and purrs. He also climbs on my back as a shortcut to the sink. I brought him into the living and sat in our chair. He jumped down and returned to the bathroom. I took him into the bedroom and sat with him on the bed; again he jumped off and went back to the bathroom. I really don't know what is up with my buddy. He's eating and drinking OK; his nose is cold; and I think he has gained a pound or two. I wish I knew what was going on with him.

10 comments:

  1. Another grand adventure, Sir! May Miss Sugar heal quickly; may you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I lived closer. It sounds weird, but, since Mrs T went into assisted living and my hubby died I miss having someone to help. Maybe time to volunteer locally for someone who needs me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could sure use the help, Donna. Volunteering is good. I have really neat conversations with the volunteers who drop off my meals-on-wheels each day.

      Delete
  3. By the way, it's Donna Olsen, not the cats, who miss the work. Cats don't work at anything but being pampered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooooooo right, Donna. All 3 of my kitty kids are sleeping again and, except to drink water or use the litter box, won't be moving around until about 5:00 PM. Which reminds me: Alex needs to post on his blog. I shall remind the lazy cat!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got Miss Sugar home & a good samaritan helped you get home! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have been blessed with Good Samaritans all of my life, so I have tried to be one whenever I can. Yes, God sends us angels (divine messengers) even when we don't ask for them.

      Delete
  5. Those claw marks don't look good, SSN. Take care not to allow them to become infected. Please.

    ReplyDelete