amazon

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day Forty-one



My left thigh and knee are still weak and painful. This has happened several times in the past forty years, ever since my leg was injured when I was an army officer stationed in Germany. Besides the  injury to my leg below my knee, the muscles in my thigh were torn and my knee wrenched. In time it will heal; meanwhile, I have difficulty walking and cannot drive because I can't lift my leg to engage the clutch in my car.

If you are interested in the story of how my leg was injured, it's published here: The Rogue's Tale.


My sister, Debbie, must be visiting my mother. I always end my daily phone calls to Mom by saying, "I love you." Unless my sister is in earshot, Mom responds, "I love you, too." Today she didn't say those words. I wonder why she does that?

My caregiver and I hung all but one of the remaing pictures that made it to my apartment. We also moved the location of my large dream-catcher. 

Actually, my caregiver did all of the work because I'm in lots of pain when I stand; however, I did tell her where I wanted them to be placed.

When I can stand and walk again, I'll share them with you in this blog.
I'm still reading Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums. Being unable to move around means I should be finished with it by this evening.



I don’t know if I’ve accidently taken a double dose of Furodemide, but for the past hour I have been urinating about once every 12 to 15 minutes. With this inflamed thigh, my movement is very slow, so about the time I return to my chair, I have get up and head back to the bathroom. Maybe I need to just stay in the bathroom until all of kidneys have emptied themselves?


Two of the three kitty kids are taking afternoon siestas: Alex and Little Girl. Meanwhile, Sugar is grooming herself.







No comments:

Post a Comment