amazon

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day Twenty-five


Today I am attempting telephone contacts with government bureaucrats and lackeys of the 1%. I'm have a difficult time not becoming depressed.

Thus far today I've been unable to reach the bureaucrats with whom I've needed to speak at VA. I have spoken with someone at Montgomery Ward and my account has supposed been corrected to show PAID IN FULL. 

I don't know how long I can sit here doing this!



A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR OZONE HAS BEEN ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FOR THE LOUISVILLE METRO AREA. MEMBERS OF SENSITIVE GROUPS MAY EXPERIENCE HEALTH EFFECTS.

Unfortunately, I am a member of two of those Sensitive Groups!


I'm giving up on the phone calls I've been making most of today. Since I'm not getting through to anyone at VA with whom I need to talk and Ma Bell only gets me robots and then people who can't assist me and who transfer me to another damned robot, I'm going to save my sanity, relax, and try again tomorrow.
This seems to come from the same "scientific reasoning" as the one Atkin used concerning rape:



Todd Akin would have made an excellent member of the Inquisition. 



I just prublished this graphic in my primary blog, Nick's Bytes:




With his engineering and managerial experience, Republican U.S. Representative William Todd Akin would have made an excellent witch hunter




This evening I am feeling an anxiety that is pushing me down into depression. It isn't what I can do or can't do that drives me into depression, it's the threats and power of idiot bureaucrats, politicians, religious freaks, and the lackeys of the 1% do that frighten me.





4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Montgomery Ward was still in business.

    I think you're doing the right thing: decompress tonight, and hit the phones again tomorrow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really took on Akins and the Republicans in this one! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have accomplished a lot today, Nick. I hate to think of it ending in depression. I'm around if you need me, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, Rev Saint. (Don't allow the bastards to get you down)

    ReplyDelete