amazon

Monday, August 27, 2012

Day Thirty-one

Over the weekend, I took a bunch of photos of the cats. Here are a few:


Alex


Sugar


Little Girl


Little Girl, Sugar

Little Girl

Alex

Do you notice how the scenes seem to repeat themselves with different cats?
I have about $2.00 left until my pension check in deposited into my account (which I really hope i this coming Friday). Now... do I use it to purchase a loaf of bread or a bag of kitty cat treats?
I attempted to shower and do all of those grooming actions I would do every day if I had the strength and energy. I couldn't stand so I sat on the commode; I'll try again after napping a bit.



Anne telephoned. The used truck she purchased won't run and it is estimated that the repairs will cost more than she paid for the truck. Damn it! I hate the she was ripped off by Jim Brown Auto Sales by purchasing as "AS IS" no warranty vehicle. She has one chance to recoup her loss: evidently the used car dealer did not provide in writing the Federal Trade Commission's used car rule. 

The rule requires all used car dealers to place a large sticker - "Buyers Guide," in a conspicuous place in each used vehicle they offer for sale. The Buyers Guide will state:
  • whether the vehicle comes with a warranty and, if so, what specific warranty protection the dealer will provide;
  • whether the vehicle comes with no warranty ("as is");
  • that you should ask to have the car inspected by your own mechanic before you buy;
  • that you should get all promises in writing; and
  • what some of the major problems are that may occur in any car.

I sent this email to Jim Brown Auto Sales:

I believe that your company has taken advantage of a young woman who is mentally disabled, by not explaining the FTC's Used Car Guide to her. Putting an "AS IS" sign on the truck may have met the letter of the law; however, ethically it is I believe it is corrupt not to explain all of the elements required by the FTC Rule when selling to one whom Social Security has determined to be totally and permanently disabled and thus lacking the rationality to make knowledgeable decisions.


Thus far I have had a very productive but intensely stressful day. I have been pissed off at agencies, people, machines, and cats much of today. Perhaps that is why this has been an usually productive day?


I have removed my hearing aids. I suddenly realized that Sugar and Little Girl running, jumping, wrestling, and constantly meowing was driving me nuttier than much of the rest of today's craziness.




1 comment:

  1. You have had quite a busy day, SSN! Are you resting now?

    ReplyDelete