amazon

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 5




In reviewing the comments to my yesterday’s blog post, Remembering the XX Olympiad, I am surprised and saddened that people tell me they did not know about this horrendous massacre. How could we not share the story? How could we forget? As one commenter to this post wrote: "Black September (was) just the beginning of the hell the world has had to endure over the past 40 years."


Why do folks telephone me and not leave messages? When I'm not wearing my hearing aids, I usually don't hear the phone ring; when I am home alone I usually don't wear my hearing aids because (1) I enjoy the silence and (2) after a while the aids become uncomfortable.



I’ve not been able to remain awake today. I think I had a good night’s sleep, but probably not. I need to begin using my CPAP again; however, since Anne left I’ve not been able to locate the mask or hose. I’ve been searching my bedroom for it, but falling asleep on me feet has rather hamper the search!



My congratulation and thanks to all of the Olympic participants. I honor and respect you.


I just read that Abdi Jeylani Malaq, a Somali comedian, was murdered by Islamists for doing a comedy routine mocking Islamist militants for brainwashing children and killing civilians. Damned right-wingers are the same all over the world. I supposed being a humorist isn't very safe.




1 comment: