amazon

Friday, August 24, 2012

Day Twenty-eight


 I found this ring that had fallen off my finger months ago after I lost 80 pounds. It was found on the floor beneath where a table had been until I was moved it after getting rid of that damned couch. I have one more missing ring that fell from my finger at the same time as this one. I hope I can find it, too!



I completed and posted today Friday Graphic Funnies on Nick's Bytes:





Again, there is an air quality warning that should keep me indoors:


A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR OZONE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE LOUISVILLE METRO AREA. MEMBERS OF SENSITIVE GROUPS MAY EXPERIENCE HEALTH EFFECTS. THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS NOT LIKELY TO BE AFFECTED. SENSITIVE GROUPS INCLUDE THE ELDERLY... CHILDREN... PERSONS WITH ASTHMA OR OTHER BREATHING PROBLEMS... AND PERSONS WITH LUNG AND HEART DISEASE. PEOPLE IN THESE GROUPS ARE ADVISED TO LIMIT THEIR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES TO REDUCE THEIR EXPOSURE TO OZONE AND PARTICULATE POLLUTION.

 I don't know if it will: I have much to do.



Last night, my left leg was so weak and painful that I couldn't stand or walk, even with a walking stick. By this morning (and 1600 mg. of Ibuprofen) I can stand and, with my cane, walk: the pain level is higher than it has been in months, but at least I'm mobile; I have breakfasted on toast and coffee and fed and watered the kitty kids. I still need to be able to stand and keep my balance long enough to clean all 3 litter boxes. I'll do that a little at a time.



A FB conversation on oppressive bank practices:


ME: These NSF fees banks charge their customers are supposedly allowed by Federal law as "punishment" for overdrafts. However, at $35.00 + each they are in reality bug money makers for commercial banks. The U.S. banking regulations need to be changed to reflect this; consumers need to withdraw they funds from banks to charge these outrageous fees. Hell, there was a time when we didn't buy grapes in protest of capitalist exploitation, so why not now avoid banks that are 1000% more exploitative and oppressive. After all, it bankers are going to treat their customers like shit, those customers need not sit by and take it.
ME: I don't have NSF fees anymore. I left the bank that charged me over $1000 a year and now bank online with a bank that doesn't charge me any NSF fees. That's what I recoomend everyone who are customers of commercial banks do. Either that or joint a credit union. 
ANOTHER: Isn't the really bad? Not only does your bank charge you but the person you were paying gets hit with a similar fee that they usually want you to pay too. They are did something terrible that hopefully they no longer do. They would clear the bigest checks first. So if you have 5 checks, one for $400 and the other 4 add up to less than $100 all together and you only had $300 in checking, if they cashed the small checks first you would only get hit with one fee. If they clear the big check first you would be hit with five fees. That is such a scummy move on their part. Luckily I switched to a Credit Union over 15 years ago.
ME: You are so right. That's what BB&T did to me ever since they bought out the Bank of Louisville where I had banked for decades. Not only that, but when I asked to borrow $600 they told me that BB&T doesn't make loans that small so they sent me to a loan company the bank owns where I an paying 34% interest. Even now, more than 2 years after I switched to Capital One online, BB&T is trying to collect fees they assessed my account after it was closed. I am part of a class action law suit again BB&T, but I am sure I'll be long dead by the time that suit gets to court.

The CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR OZONE  has been extended through Sunday morning. Damn!


Alex has taken over my desk.

 



Little Girl has taken over my chair.



Sugar wants to go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment