amazon

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day Twenty-six

Today has been productive! Thus far, I have

Rearranged my living-room furniture, which give the cats and mu church more room to move around and much less chance of me tripping and falling. I was able to accomplish it because I finally got rid of the humongous couch that too up so much space.



Little Girl investigating a folded card-table sitting temporarily where the couch had been.

Sugar beneath a side table that had belonged to my now-closed church that is newly placed in the living-room. The LP & DVD on the floor had been on top of the table moments before.

Alex enjoying the sunshine, meditating on growing Pet Greens, and avoiding the antics of the 2 female cats.




I was able to replace the broken vase that held my walking sticks with a rack that I purchased almost a year ago but had no place to put because of the couch.



 The finally-used walking-stick rack

All of the above took place this afternoon. This morning I was on the telephone with the VA billing people attempting to keep them from confiscating $100 plus from my next Social Security check. This stuff isn't easy for me, as you'll note from the video below that records only my part of the conversation. The video begin after I spent 12 minutes on the phone trying to be connected with a human being rather than the computer robot with whom VA wanted to interact.




I hope that this video will be a demonstration of what we elderly, disabled folks must endure is order to survive in today's America.

Some final photos:


Alex discovered some catnip in a sealed jar and demanded that I give him a pinch of it.

Alex ten minutes after he ingested the nip.


4 comments:

  1. More good insights into Sometimes Saintly Nick. I love your walking sticks and the kitty pics. I'm glad it has been a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Sir, have an exceptional collection of sticks as well as 3 lovely felines. It seems that your video did not arrive at my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joshua in CanneltonAugust 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

    Its great that you have another blog, Pastor Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite an interesting telephone call on your video, Rev Saint.

    ReplyDelete