amazon

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day Thirty

Last night I noticed Sugar and Little Girl snuggling on my chair; Sugar was even licking Little Girl's coat (grooming?) I've never see these two behave to friendly toward each other.



Later, I noticed that Sugar was attempting to mount Little Girl. That was a great surprise: I didn't know that female felines could have Lesbian inclinations.



A FaceBook friend reminded me of what I have seen on nature programs on TV: animals mount one another not only for sex but also to show dominance. Sugar was evidently showing Little Girl who is boss.

It was also suggested that Little Girl may be coming into heat, which makes sense: she presents her rear and meows just the way Sugar does when she is in heat. In September Sugar has an appointment to be spayed ($12.00 charge at Humane Society clinic). I wonder if I can get Little's Girl's owner to get her spayed soon?



Alex doesn't concern himself with the doings of the girl cats,


Paul writes:
You know, there were a lot of things that were nice about the Middle Ages. I am going to brush up on Medieval History becaue the GOP wants to take us back there.
To which I reply:

Lots of things the GOP would love about those times:
  • church equal to/more powerful than state;
  • pogroms;
  • majority of population peasants;
  • no democracy;
  • divine right of kings (Bush family would sit on throne);
  • women had the rights of, and treated, like cattle;
  • majority of population illiterate;
  • witch burnings;
  • the Black Plague;
  • etc.


Let's honor Neil Armstrong's family's request that we give the moon a wink in his memory ~ Ron Howard 






1 comment: