amazon

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day Twenty-one





Sugar has an appointment to be spayed: September 25th was the earliest available. (I must remember to save $12.00 for additional costs) I hope she does not escape and get pregnant before then!




Little Girl has been chewing on my oxygen hose and bit it into 2 pieces. Alex, when younger, would chase and bit holes in the hose, but never cut it in pieces. I have dozens of extra hoses at various lengths. The problem is, I sometimes don't notice that I'm not getting oxygen I need until I'm gasping for it. Little Girl cut off my oxygen while I was napping and by the time I discovered it, my oxygen level was down to almost 80%.

I returned a few minutes ago from a brief shopping trip. When I got out of the car I noticed Alex, Sugar, and Little Girl, each sitting in a different window, watching me.




Tonight Alex napped on top of the printer as he did when he was a kitten. These days it is usually Sugar napping on the printer.





Today I have been remembering what the 1% did to Ferdinando Nicola Sacco (April 22, 1891 – August 23, 1927) and Bartolomeo Vanzetti(June 11, 1888 – August 23, 1927) The 85th anniversary of their executions is 6 days from today.










This morning I contacted B & B medical regarding a malfunctioning part of my portable oxygen compressor; a new part will be delivered to me this morning. WOW! It's great dealing with folks contracted by VA who are so caring and responsive. I really appreciate them.


At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.~ Albert Schweitzer

I continue reading The Dharma Bums. At the moment, Jack Kerouac's protagonist and his buddies are walking at trail in the California mountains. I wish I could truly do that right now.





4 comments:

  1. I wonder how many of this generation know the story of Sacco and Vanzetti. I thank you for sharing it, Rev Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nick. Sounds like those cats have really got you covered! I'm thinking about Sacco and Vanzetti too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new blog and love the pictures of your 3 kitties.

    ReplyDelete