amazon

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Thirty-three




For over 25 years my morning routine including contemplated and being reminiscent of how this text has been true in my life:

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
when you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you. 
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your savior.
~ Isaiah 43: 1b—3a

When I have been in deep depression or experiencing great anxiety or feeling unworthy, I have forgotten to include this text in my morning routine.  


My new caregiver, although doing an first-rate job, made a major blunder today: she left the door open and Sugar escaped outside. I hope she comes home when she is hungry. 

Earlier today Sugar got her paws on a roll of paper towels:



Later, Little Girl joined Sugar in her play:



One must look closed to see Sugar in the above photo: Little Girl has her wrapped in parts of the paper towel.


From a quick glance at the news, it appears that powerful winds in Louisiana have upstaged bags of hot air in Florida.


2 comments: