amazon

Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 6

Good morning, World! I'm off on a new adventure today. First, to the VA Hospital regarding the increased pain in my left leg and foot. Then I'm driving Anne and Lyndi to Campbellsville, Kentucky, to purchase a very cheap car. I've advised against the purchase, but 20-somethings don't listen, even when they have have not passed the driver's license test. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a fiasco!



I'll update this post upon my return from this adventure.

The trip to Campbellsville did turn into a fiasco. Anne purchased a 1986 car for $640.00, which I believe is about 3 times what it is worth. She also purchased a battery for it ($100.00) plus insurance ($280.00). That's over a thousand dollars for a car that still needs a lot of work. I believe she was taken badly in the deal. However, she is an adult and all of the decisions were hers. I wonder if the car will run for 90 days. [SIGH]


Timmi, my new caregiver, left the apartment door standing open this morning and before I could close it, Sugar escaped to the outside. She;s been out about 12 hours now and I'm worried about the little girl!





2 comments:

  1. Be safe, Saintly Nick, on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a bit of money to invest in such an old automobile. I hope your friend finds the auto worth it.

    ReplyDelete