amazon

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day Twenty-three


Tonight I watched a program on the National Geographic Channel on the disappearing habitat of the koala and the number of the little creatures injured by the encroaching human society. The good part was the koala hospitals, rescue, and rehabilitation being done by caring humans.









I was awakened at 3:00 a.m. with no oxygen because Little Girl had destroyed my second oxygen hose in 12 hours. This time I left the ruined hose on the floor near her food dish so she can play with it and I squirted her with water when she went after the hose I am using now.



This morning Alex awoke, breakfasted, bathed, and went back to sleep. 



There seem to be elements within the U.S. intelligence community (that like spying, not intellectuals) who want to get their hand on Julian Assange because of the embarrassment he caused the U.S. spy community (CIA). At least they are using semi-legal means of doing it (rather than paid assassins): extradite to Sweden from which he can be extradited to the U.S. where he can be tried for exposing classified documents and (they hope) sentenced to die from a lethal injection.



I have had problems staying awake. Perhaps it's because last night I was asleep without oxygen after Little Girl bit my oxygen hose in two.



Today is Bill Clinton's 66th birthday, the same age as me. I wished him a happy birthday at his foundation's website. I believe he was one of the most intelligent presidents. And wise. The  Lewinsky thing was nothing the vast majority (88% is was estimated) had not done. Yet it was exploited by the damned GOP to the detriment of the American people. Damn those bloody fascists










Supporters of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, wearing Guy Fawkes masks, stand outisde the Ecuadorian Embassy in London on August 19, 2012. (AFP Photo/Will Oliver)





I concur. The Wikileaks leaks were beneficial to the American 99% and the world as a whole. However, do you even remember the content of what was leaked? Did you read it? I did. And as a form U.S. Army intelligence officer I believe the documents as a whole were highly over classified, probably for political reasons and not to protect national security.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the koala video. ANd I 2 am in love with those little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reading here, Sir. Love the koala video and of course the Alex photograph. The Wikileaks situations is crazy.The classified emails Wikileaks released primarily dealt with how big businesses were ripping of the United States with the connivance of government bureaucrats and certain high ranking military persons. I do not understand why those were classified. The people, including President Obama, really needed to know the contents of those messages.

    ReplyDelete