amazon

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day Thirty-two

It's been a grand day!

  • I have a new caregiver who, if today is an indication, is 1000% better than the one I've had.
  • My 6-month-checkup by my VA doc went exceptionally well. No new meds and compliments on my weight-loss and blood sugar control.
  • I mailed back to Direct-TV the control box. Not paying for a second TV connection will save me about 20% of the total bill.
  • I received a confirmation email of my terminating the Care-One program: I had been paying $30/month to save $22/month in credit card/loan payments. I have been promised a partial refund.
  • The email I send yesterday Jim Brown Auto Sales may have resulted in Anne getting the kaput truck she purchased repaired by the dealer at a reasonable price. (I'll know more later, after I talk with Anne).


There were only 2 negatives today:
  • The time at the VA was much longer than I expected and the battery of my portable oxygen compressor ran down before I reach home. Thankfully, there was little pollution and the temperature was in the mid-80s F, both of which helps my breathing.
  • Someone (Alex, I think) vomited on my desk while I was gone. My little buddy hasn't been feeling well the past few days. He spent much of the time since my return napping by me. (At the moment he is about four inches from my right hand).

My prayers for the Gulf Coast and New Orleans. CNN reports that Issac has made landfall with 80 MPH winds. 


I have decided not to watch the GOP convention. Doing so would raise my anger and blood pressure as the lackeys of the 1% pretend they care for anyone below their own elevated class. I may not watch the Dems convention either; my mind is already made up:






3 comments:

  1. My mind is made up as well. to hell with the party of the rich,for the rich and by the rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you had a grand day, SSN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a grand day, Rev Saint. Did the used car people come around and to the right thing?

    ReplyDelete