amazon

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day Ninety-one

I ended yesterday's journal post celebrating the victory (in a really excellent overtime game) of one of my Alma maters, the University of Louisville (M.S.S.W., 1975).






I begin this journal post reporting the defeat of my fist Alma mater, the University of Kentucky (B.A.Ed., 1969) in a not-so-marvelous football game.
Unlike basketball season, when I can count of both U of L and UK having winning seasons, football is an extreme. Where the University of Louisville has an undefeated football season and is rated 16th in the nation in the BCS poll, the University of Kentucky has won only one game and isn't even rated.

[SIGH]
I fell asleep following this afternoon's football game. Now awake, I am seeking the energy (again) to do housework. Thankfully, I seem to have recovered from most of the back pain that has plagued me over the past several days. Still, I can be up working only in ten minute or so intervals before my elderly body requires at least a 20 minute rest,


The kitty kids again greeted me when I came out of the bedroom this morning. That's a good feeling, except I realize that want they want is breakfast. Feeding all three at three separate feeding stations ain't easy!





I've been watching football all day; now it's time for baseball!






  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick! At least one of your school is a winner. Neither of mine are.

    ReplyDelete