amazon

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day Seventy-four



This is the controller to my lift chair. One can't tell because of the flash from my camera, but the two arrows on it are blue lights. They indicate that the chair has power. It works OK!

Last night, in my continued search for why the chair did not have power, I found that the cord of the controller had become unplugged from its connection to the chair. Because I can't kneel on my knees it took me twenty or so minutes to reattach the cord; as soon as I did those blue lights flashed on and I celebrated.



Today is the 45th anniversary of the execution of Che Guevera. When I was an undergrad at the University of Kentucky in the 1960s, lots of folks wore shirts with Che's picture on them and had Che posters in their rooms. I didn't: I was too far toward the right-wing to wear a picture of a Communist.

However, while studying liberation theology at Eden Theological Seminary in the 1980s, Che became one of my heroes. So, today I celebrate his life and mourn his murder.




Little Girl and Sugar Sunbathing 

It's in the low 50s F outside, but the kitty kids are enjoying the warmth of the sun coming through the windows. Alex is further down, stretched out between the blinds and the window.

Alex now seems to rule the kitty trio, primarily by doing what he wants (including eating from Little's Girl's bowl) and ignoring the kitten. This morning I had Alex on the desk in front of me, Little Girl on the desk to my left, and Sugar to my right on top of the printer. All three were eating kitty treats. 




1 comment:

  1. I am happy that good things are happening with you and the kitties.

    Bless this house, o Lord.
    Keeping want and trouble out.
    Let thy peace lie over all.
    Bless the doors that they may prove
    Ever open to joy and love.
    Bless the windows shining bright,
    Letting in God's heavenly light.
    Bless those here within
    that love and peace be theirs.

    ReplyDelete