amazon

Friday, October 19, 2012

Day Eighty-four

Again today, I have been a little ill and a lot tired. Even now (5:00 PM) after napping most of the day, I am almost too tired to write this. (Also a bit depressed, but that has become normal for me).

The kitty kids have been sleeping, too. Alex is again by the window; Sugar is on a chair, and Little Girl is on the printer.

Perhaps our tiredness comes from today being cool and rainy. The temperature hasn't gotten much over 50 F. 

I believe I shall now join the kitty kids in another nap.
I ended up sleeping most of the day; I developed a painful backache that kept waking me up so the quality of my naps wasn't great. I think that my weariness, back ache, and slight depression are somehow related to how active I was yesterday. At least I can suggest that throwing the grabage bags up and into the dumpster may have been what cause the back ache.

When I talked with Mom this afternoon, she described how she was feeling as being exactly s I am, even to the sore back. I don't make anything of the coincidence; except, I think the dark and colder day does affect the maternal side of my family (and me) psychologically. 

At the moment Alex is sitting on my desk. He even allowed me to brush him and wipe the sleepers from his eyes.

2

He is still scared of/intimidated by Little Girl. He was on my desk earlier this evening eating kitty cat treats when Little Girl climbed up on the desk. Even though I kept her away from Alex, he jumped down from the desk and returned to his window cave, leaving his treats on the desk. (I picked them up and placed in front of him). 

Alex eating his treats at the entrance of his "cave."

As I have written, Alex is no longer living in the laundry room or the bathroom; now he is living in a cave between the Venetian blinds and the window. He doesn't always hide behind the blinds, I took this following photo of Alex napping about half an hour before he joined me on the desk:




4 comments:

  1. As I've gotten older, I find I'm much more affected by the weather than I used to be. I'm can always tell when we're about to get a front moving through by the headache that precedes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Thomas. My warning sign of a storm coming is my right shoulder that I injured playing football in high school.

      Delete
  2. With degenerative disc issues cold wet weather affects me too. Plus I've bore 4 children. At our building, the dumpster is open on its side till trash starts falling out, then its shut. Been lucky so far- onlt had to lob it up once. I hope the parking lot gets deiced this winter. Starting to feel trepidation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, the pain in my back is faintly familiar, but I can't remember when I felt it before. I injured my back when I was in seminary, but I think that felt much different than this.

      The dumpster here is actually a huge trash compactor and top is at my eye level so I have to swing the garbage bags into it. When I had caregivers, they would take the garbage there, but that's now a thing of the past.

      Delete