amazon

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day Sixty-eight


Today began great, then quickly went down into dung. By the time I answered a couple of telephone calls, one of which awakened me, I was already stressed out. By 10:00 when I finally checked and recorded my vital signs on the VA Healthvet site, my blood pressure was 144/92, the highest it has ever been.

My MD2U doc is to visit early this afternoon; perhaps she can help me deal with whatever is driving me up the wall.
My MD2U doc turned my day around. By the time she arrived, my blood pressure was back to normal: 118/77. She also told me that she has reviewed my last lab tests done by VA and that each one is excellent. She said that my labs would be good for a 45-year-old man (and I'm 66). 

Regarding my diarrhea over the weekend, she said that I probably had a "bug" and that my still feeling weak is normal.

I talked to her about doing my own housecleaning and that I can be up and working only 10 to 15 minutes before I an exhausted and must rest or nap. She said that's normal for my COPD and congestive heart-failure and I need not worry about it, simply be sure to rest when I feel my energy draining. 

Lastly she gave me a flu shot. She is so good that I felt no pain!

Thanks, Amy!


I have checked each of the kitty kids and can find no living fleas on any of the three!

Sugar and Little Girl seem to be getting on well:

Sugar and Little Girl napping side-by-side

Alex is stilling hiding out in the bathroom. He did come out that night to eat his favorite wet food dinner. Silly cat... I worry about my 9-year-old buddy.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your MD2U doc can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about a phone ringing that *instantly* stresses me out. It seems like it's never someone I want to hear from telling me things I want to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Thomas. I suspect that's what set today off wrong.

      Delete