amazon

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day Eighty-nine

I have arrived at the point in my life when I have learned that I must wear my hearing aids whenever I'm awake. Up until now, I have basically considered them to be optional, even though I realized that I have usually missed more than half of what I could have heard. 

That 50%+ deafness is now up to about 70% and I've decided I must wear my aids. I suppose it's another step in the disintegration of my younger self.

Inserting a hearing aid this morning.


After my meals-on-wheels lunch, I fell asleep. I didn't plan to, but I was overcome by weariness.

Today's meals-on-wheels lunch

Although I haven't dreamed much recently, I did dream during the 90 minute post-lunch snooze. In the dream I looked as I do now, but was able to walk without a walking stick and without oxygen. I explored wooded areas and the dream ended looking out from a mountain top at green valleys. The view reminded me of ones I have seen in the Smokey Mountains. I am wondering at the message.

Gonna watch some football!



It's half time. My back hurts... it hurts a lot. THe kitty kids are making lots of demands which I've been hard pressed to meet; but I did. 

I've taken some more ibuprofen. I hope it takes hold fast.




2 comments:

  1. Rev Nick! What an awesome beautiful dream! I'm sorry for your poor back,does the ibprophen help much? I can only do nsaids occassionally. The kitty kids or at least the litttle one's a handful quite a few days,hard to tjink of when unwell/hurting. Have a great night Rev Nick! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just getting older, my dear old man. Nothing to worry about. Remember what Joseph Campbell wrote about aging. (We discussed it in the late '80s when I visited you in Cannelton -- in case you can't recall it!)

    ReplyDelete