amazon

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day Ninety-four

I awakened around 2:00 a.m. feeling cold. I found Alex on my desk, near the window, shivering. Turning on the computer, I learned that the temperature had dropped sharply downward to the +low 30s (F) and that we were experiencing constant 30 - 40 MPH winds.

I remained awake until about 5:00 a.m. exploring Hurricane Sandy on TV and on the Internet. The photographs below are a few of the many that were posted on Twitter and identified as indicated:


CAPE MAY, NJ

POSTED BY JOHN D'ARECCA

POSTED BY MIA FARROW

All morning Alex has been sitting in front of me on the desk which makes typing very difficult!


The weather report says that the present temperature is 41 F, feels like 32 F because of the high, sustained winds. That's why, I suspect. Alex is on the desk rather than perched by the window.


Today's Meals-on-Wheels lunch included a box lunch for tomorrow, which is usually done for holidays when hot meals aren't delivered. I hope the City of Louisville doesn't consider Halloween a Holiday!




It was another backache afternoon. My fault: I carried groceries into the apartment, including a 26 pound box of cat litter.






2 comments:


  1. I hope you & all the kitty kids stay warm Rev Nick. I'm hoping your back recuperates quickly. As you know, we both struggle!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy. I just received an email warning of below freezing temperatures tonight.

      Delete