amazon

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day Ninety-six


I have been looking forward to today for a very long time! Adding a third of my pension check to the money I received from selling my Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike, I am departing in a few minutes to retrieve my guitar from the grasp of the pawnshop. I'll write more after I return. 


My guitar is home after 4 months in the pawn shop! I’ll never pawn anything again: it cost me $550 to borrow $250.

Now I plan to replace the strings and slowly (my finger tips have lost the calluses developed from playing) get back into the routine of pickin’ and singin’.






5 comments:

  1. I hope you post some songs- I love to hear you sing and play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to, Thomas. I was going to play and sing when I returned with the guitar but quickly learned that I must rebuild the calluses on my finger tips (they began hurting immediately) and change the strings on the guitar (they sound dead).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, Elka, the adventure was a resounding success!

      Delete