amazon

Friday, December 28, 2012

Childhood Memories/Old Photos


Me (age 3?) at Christmas


My mother and I began reminiscing during my daily telephone call to her. I described the old picture (above) and mom told me that it was taken at my Aunt Alma and Uncle Frank’s house when they lived two doors from us. She thinks that I was about three years old.

Uncle Frank (Frankie Joe to me) and me


She remembered that Uncle Frank Chickens and ducks in his back yard at that house. I was frightened of them when I was very young. By the time I was or so I had lost my fear to the point that I would go into their pen and feed them.(See below).

Frankie Joe's chickens and me


We also talked about the first dog that I ever knew. He was named by my sister, Debbie close, Boo-Boo.  Boo-Boo was quite protective of Debbie and me. Mom would put Debbie into a playpen on our front yard and I would play in the yard beside her. Boo-Boo was always there and put himself between Debbie and me and anyone walking on the sidewalk in front of our house. If someone came into the yard Boo-Boo would stand between them and us, growling.

Sister Debbie and me

I wish I had a photograph of Boo-Boo, but I don't



1 comment: