amazon

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Up All Night, But It Was Worth It


Yesterday I was harassed by all three Kitty Kids for cat treats. We had run out of their favorite wet food as well as their treats. My pension, which is due to be in my bank account on the first day of the month, was not in my bank account because yesterday was a holiday. Thus I had to wait until today to purchase cat and people food.


Alex held on to me waiting for treats

Alex could not understand this delay or our financial insolvency and kept reminding he that he wanted treats by scratching me with his claws, drawing blood three times. He would have continued his attacks except for Divine intervention: while throwing away what I believed to be empty plastic bags, I found one can of their favorite wet cat food.


Alex's favorite wet cat food


Later Little girl and I both fell asleep – she was on top of me, sleeping on my chest – watching the Rose Bowl game on TV. I awakened about 11 PM and moved from my living room chair to my bed in the bedroom. I fell asleep relatively quickly only to be awakened by a cat - Little Girl, of course - pouncing on my chest and then walking around in circles, kneading me with her claws. Since it was then about 2 AM, I decided to get up and check my online banking account, hoping that my pension check had been credited. It had not.

Of course, once I was up all three of the Kitty Kids got up and it wasn't long before they were again harassing me for cat treats, which I didn't have. I continued to check my bank account; by a little after 4:00 AM – alleluia – the pension fund check was  credited to my account. I was out the door and on my way to the grocery by 4:20.

When I returned I discovered all three cats sitting on the window side of the Venetian blinds waiting for me. Sugar and Little Girl were at the door when I opened it, Alex had already jumped up on his eating table.

I put the carton of wet cat food on Alex's dining table, but before I could open it, Alex was trying to get into it. I opened a can of food and before I could put Alex's share in his bowl, my buddy was licking the can's top. When I pointed out to my silly cat that there was more food in his bowl than on the inside of the can top, he began chowing down. I then filled Sugar and Little Girl's bowls and went into the kitchen to put away the people food. Before I completed that chore, all three crazy cats were harassing me for treats, which of course I gave to them,


The Kitty Kids' favorite treats

Sugar & Little Girl chomping on treats

As I have been writing this post, I have also be giving Alex and Sugar treats. 

Have I ever mentioned that I have spoiled my Kitty Kids?


Just in care you're interested, these are Alex's absolute favorites:



In my half-awake state in the wee hours of this morning, I attempted some apartment cleaning. In the process, I have misplaced my reach extender which is serious because the kitty kids have spent much of this morning pushing stuff onto the floor.

A little after 2:00 p.m. I had my daily telephone conversation with my mother. She doesn't sound good. I wish we still lived 15 minutes apart. Now my sister lives 10 or so minutes from her, so I telephoned her: no answer  so I left a message suggesting that she check on Mom.




4 comments:

  1. Spoiled? Those 3 treat demanding cats? No way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have become a cat lady, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid you have spoiled the kittycats beyond repair!

    ReplyDelete