amazon

Thursday, December 27, 2012

27 December, 2012


I have been journaling for more than 40 years and have completed more than 30 blank books filled with journal entries. In writing this blog, I frequently forget that it is a journal. I shall try to remember to use it as a journal with Nick’s Bytes being for other types of blogging.


I spent last night in severe pain—my head, my shoulder, my arm, my hand, my leg, my ankle – all on the left side of my body. Neither ibuprofen nor topical pain relief medication helped.

Obviously, I did not get much sleep last night; it is now after 1:00 PM and I’ve only been awake and functional for about half-an-hour. At least most of the pain is gone; but I remain exhausted.

The Kitty Kids have been well behaved today – very helpful to me with their cuddling and much less demanding than usual. It is almost as if they know that I am ill. 



The pains in my body lessened this afternoon to the point that I have been able to do some of the housework that I have been unable to complete while so  agonized. I am praying that such afflictive discomfort doesn't return!
The pain has returned to my extremities—especially my left hand and, to a lesser extent, my right hand. This is preventing me from grasping things, such as my cup and flatware. I have already had dinner and am glad. However, I had serious problems taking my evening medications; I kept dropping the two pills I need to take. (Finally got them into my mouth along with water).

Next week, after I have money to purchase gasoline, I shall go to the VA ER to request help.






2 comments:

  1. So sorry you have had so much.pain to deal with :( Its frustrating when what you try to some thing & it doesn't work. Its good the kittykids were good to you! Animals provide so much comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Wish there was something that could be done, someway to help out. At least you do have the cats, they can be a tremendous comfort.

    ReplyDelete