amazon

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Ides of December


The left side of my body, from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers, has been aching all day. The medications from the hospital are not helping. It also hasn't helped Alex's been sticking his claws in my leg to force me to get up and give him more whatever he wants to eat.




Much too real to be funny:


I included the above cartoon in a blog post earlier today regarding the need for more control of guns. The post upset some people on Facebook; that's okay.



I'm not feeling very well at the moment. In a attempt to feel better I made the following video with Alex and Sugar:





The following appeared on FaceBook a few moments ago:

12/14/12
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, 
Forever untouched, for no one was there.

The tree was unlit, the presents lay scattered,
Forgotten by families whose lives were just shattered.

One nation, one wail, rose into the night,
Echoed by God, for children reft of life.

Then a candle was lit, then another and another.
And a whisper was heard mixed in the sobs of the mothers -

"Clasp hands with me, Neighbor.
Share with me this grief.
Let us comfort each other
Until we find peace."

The whisper grew louder,
Transformed to a roar -
One Nation, undivided, could take no more.
 








2 comments:

  1. Cute vid Rev Nick! Long time no see these posts, enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am touched by this post and especially the poem.

    ReplyDelete