amazon

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

25 December, 2012: Christmas Thoughts

Me

Today my earliest Christmas memories have been flowing through my mind.

Family gatherings were central to my Christmas celebrations. Christmas Eve was spent with my mother’s family, rotating each year through the homes of my aunts and uncles. Christmas morning was reserved for exchanging gifts at home. The afternoon of Christmas Day was always with my father’s family, initially at Granddaddy Nick’s house until he had a stroke.

Just after Christmas Day we would visit my mother’s sisters, Abba (Alma) and Frank and Lill and Otto. Our unmarried aunt, Dorothy (Aunt Dot), was usually at one or both of the gatherings. The presents we received at these homes were always more in number and nicer than the ones we received elsewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment