amazon

Friday, December 21, 2012

21 December, 2012





It is December 21st here and thus far the Mayan prophecy has not proved to be true. I suppose one needs to wait until December 22nd before one celebrates.

Yesterday I posted on Nick’s Bytes about this idiocy, quoting scripture and tying in into T.S. Eliot’s poem, The Hallow Men. I even posted a video of me reading the poem.


In the process of gathering data for the post, I discovered that, like the majority of events today, there were many people, from TV specials to "end of the world insurance" sales, who attempted to profit from it.

Until this morning I did not realize that one could ingest food into one's lungs. However, a while ago I did just that. I believe I have spit it all up; but until I did the pain in my chest was horrendous.


At the moment it is quite cold (31 F, feels like 20 F), windy, and beginning to snow, the first in Louisville of the season. 



It's 6:40 AM and the world still exists, although I just learned that "the end" is supposed to take place at 11:11 AM. 

The kitty kids awoke with me at about 5:45 AM and now, have breakfasted, have returned to sleep:


Alex, on the floor by the warmth of my oxygen concentrator



Little Girl, on top of the back of my lift chair



Sugar on the floor between my bed and the wall.




because




1 comment:

  1. Good morning, SSN. I like the sound of your voice and appreciate the poetry reading.

    ReplyDelete