amazon

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5, 2012




This morning I answered an online question regarding the last time I saw a film in a movie theater:

 I believe the last films I saw in a theater was one evening in 1997. It was Humphrey Bogart series at an "art theater" that has since closed. That evening there was a screening of Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, with wine and cheese served to the audience between films.





The films were shown at the Crescent Art Theatre  that unfortunately closed before I moved to my house in the Crescent Hill area of Louisville.I miss those old art theaters!




One of the kitty kids running across my desk whose name begins with "A" knocked the plastic spray bottle filled with water that I use to scat cats (usually the one whose name begins with "A") onto the floor and broke the sprayer part off of it. I believe the kids planned the accident.




Speaking of the kitty kids, Alex updated his blog, Alexicon, yesterday with photos of the kitty kids (and me) taken while we were off-line.


Unfortunately I learned today that one of my favorite jazz composer/musicians, Dave Brubeck, died today.

Dave Brubeck - Take Five - 1966





No comments:

Post a Comment