amazon

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 16, 2013

My jaw pain returned massively this afternoon. I have spent the time since trying to reduce it without noticeable results. Thankfully, I have a dental appointment at 9 o’clock tomorrow morning.

I missed taking new photographs of the kittens today. When I finally went back into the walk-in closet all three were huddled together beneath the hanging clothes. I decided not to awaken them with the flash from my camera.

I am beginning to miss not having a television set. In recent days I have been watching the BBC series Wallander on Netflix. Actually, at a cost of less than $9.00 a month, Netflix is much superior to Direct TV at over $100.00 per month. I do miss some cable programs, such as Chelsea Lately, baseball, and soccer.

In the last episode of Wallander that I watched, his father, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, says to him: Find someone to sit with. You’re not strong enough to do it alone. Nobody is. Those words struck a note, if not a chord, within me.

I have now been living alone for about 16 years. I joke about being a hermit and perhaps I have become one. A gentleman hermit, I would like to think: a cat gentleman. A gentleman hermit living with cats. That’s me, I suppose.

Little Girl licking my forehead

Alex and I touching foreheads

Sugar snuggling

Donate a penny 
to help support SSN, 
his 3 Kitty Kids, 
& LG's kittens?

4 comments:

  1. "A gentleman hermit living with cats" Yes, Rev Saint, that is you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that description too! But you are not a hermit, Nick - not as long as you have the internet and so many friends from all over who are reading your words and having conversations with you. It is amazing how different life is now with computers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mauigirl, you are right. However, I think I do prefer live interaction with the kitty kids over human beings.

      Delete