amazon

Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013

This is my third attempt at writing this Journal post. [SIGH]

I just remembered that today is Bastille Day.

liberté, égalité, fraternité




In discussing my health in recent days, I have centered on the pain in my jaw/head. As such, I have neglected mentioning my left leg, which is always we can painful. If you have been a reader of Nick’s Bytes, then you are well aware of my leg. No matter what my total pain level is, the minimum is three out of 10 based exclusively on my leg.

In recent days my leg is been unusually swollen, week, and painful. I postponed going to the Veterans Administration emergency room because of my leg. My recent trips to the VA hospital and Newburg clinic have been made more difficult because of my leg. It is not only the weakness of the leg but also extreme pain that I have whether I am walking, standing, or even sitting. I am sitting at the moment, and my leg is throbbing: it is much more painful at the moment then my jaw.




Due to my leg, I have been unable to do the apartment cleaning that needs to be done, especially since I no longer have a caregiver. Just as troublesome, is that I have not been able to pick up my mail for over a week. I drive from my apartment to the mailboxes; however, my boxes in the back of the building and I find it too painful to walk the distance from the parking lot to my mailbox.

Tomorrow morning I have scheduled a visit here at my apartment by my MD2U physician. My jaw is number one on my list; my leg is number two.

If you are interested in the tank accident that began my leg problems, you find the comedy at Nick's Bytes: The Rogue's Tale.





I can’t end this journal post without adding the photographs I have taken of the Kitty Kids and Little Girls kittens. The little ones are beginning to move around and explore a few feet beyond the back of the closet. I would love to pick one up; however to do so would require putting down my cane and I am concerned, with my leg in his present condition, of falling on a kitten and badly injuring it. So I must wait until my legs are stronger.









Donate a penny 
to help support SSN, 
his 3 Kitty Kids, 
& LG's kittens?

1 comment:

  1. Your leg does not look pretty, Nick. I hope your physician can help today. The kittens are very cute. I, too, want to hold one.

    ReplyDelete