amazon

Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 19, 2013

Today, for the first time in two weeks, the ache in my always-painful left leg was greater than it was in my jaw. Perhaps antibiotics are doing their job and the infection in my abscessed tooth is being reduced. I still have bunches of antibiotics which, of course, I shall continue to take.


Not only was my leg throbbing, it was also extraordinarily puny. I had serious difficulty moving around the apartment, so when I noticed the kittens wandering into the living room I thought it a great opportunity to get some kitten-movement photographs. Actually, I only got one:


I even attempted to shoot a video; however, the kittens scampering around were much too quick for me to keep them in the frames. Considering that I was also hampered by my bum leg I gave up on the video but shall try again when I am not putting so much effort into keeping my balance.

With my mobility hampered, I spent most of the morning making telephone calls attempting to locate a dentist to extract my number 12 tooth at a reasonable price. I have three possibilities, but no appointments established. (This is damned frustrating!)



When the woman who brought my Meals-on-Wheels left my apartment just before noon, Alex ran out the door. Knowing how much he loves the outside, I ate my lunch. But then I fell asleep. About an hour later, when I wakened, I looked around for Alex and couldn’t find him. Then I remembered that my dear furball was outside. I open the patio door and Alex slinked in.

I picked up my kitty kid, placed him on his dining table, and stood by until he drank quite a bit of water. Then I cuddled my old friend and we ended up taking a two hour nap together.



Yesterday I took the last of my diabetes medication, Metformin HCL. I had ordered a refill using the Veterans Administration interactive website, My Health Vet, last month. Not trusting myself, I logged into the site and checked my pharmacy records. The pharmacy indicated that prescription had been refill and mailed to me on the 12th of July. Since it was after the time that the mail carrier usually makes her delivery, I telephoned the apartment complex office and ask if I had any packages.

With an affirmative answer, I realized that no matter how weak my leg felt or how hot (91 F) it was outside, I had to go up to the office. Although the drive is only about 90 seconds long, getting their exhausted me. I picked up the package and return to my apartment is fast as I could, The package was from the VA pharmacy but it contained three boxes of Foradil and no Metformin HCL. I telephoned the pharmacy to check on the refill; it was after 4:30, so I was connected with the answering machine. I left my inquiry as voicemail and, realizing today is Friday, I gave up hope of obtaining the refill until next week.

A bit of background information: recently, because of my physical difficulty in getting to the mailboxes, the post office as agreed to leave all of my mail at the apartment complex’s office. Click HERE for the details.

Then, later, I suddenly realized that only a box was at the apartment complex office. Yet, the post office had agreed to leave all of my mail there. When I saw a neighbor going down to the mail boxes, I gave her my keys and asked her to check my box. Besides the normal junk mail, there was a plastic mailing envelop from VA containing 5 medications, one of which was the Metformin HCL. Hurray! 

I have more to write about today; however, I have already gone well beyond my intended length of this post. Besides, it is past 1:30 a.m. and I am tired! Therefore, I shall end, have Blogger put this on the net, and join the kitty kids in slumber. 


Good night, World!




No comments:

Post a Comment