amazon

Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 5, 2013



For me, this fifth day of July has been dominated by rain in pain. When have had thunderstorms here for several days; the kitty Kids and I are tired them! The sound of thunder drives the cats into their apartment bolt holes; I end up removing my hearing aids to cut out the noise. I checked the National Weather Service forecast and learned that thunderstorms are forecast every day through next Friday!

Not only the noise but also the amount of rain has concerned me. I checked the Ohio River water gauge on the Internet: the Ohio River is at 12.5 feet now and projected to reach 15.7 by Sunday. Flood stage is 23 feet; with another five days of rain forecast beyond that, I hope the flood walls are able to contain the river.

I estimated my pain level today in the Veterans Administration Internet health site as seven out of 10. Usually, I estimate it at around 3, primarily due to the pain in my left leg. However, the pain in the left side of my head—temple to jaw—has been intense for the past several days. I have been alternating the three prescribed pain medications I have, not doubling up or overdosing on any other them, but that doesn’t eradicate the pain. This afternoon, during a break in the rain, I went to the pharmacy and purchased an oral analgesic. The application of that helped a bit, but it’s apparent that all the pain does not stem from my jaw.



If the pain persists, and my leg is strong enough to be able to drive to the Veterans Administration hospital, I shall do that.

The Kitty Kids have been active today when they were hiding their bolt holes. Alex and Sugar have been playing and chasing each other. Little girl has emerged from the closet several times to eat, use the litter box, and beg treats. Of course, Sugar and Alex have also been treats.






I have been unable to take good photographs of LG’s kittens. She has moved them to a back corner of the walk-in closet where they are hidden beneath hanging clothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment