amazon

Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Ninety-nine

Today has not begun well! I'll not go into details now. Thus far by 9:30 AM the following has happened:


  • I awakened at 6:AM to find Little Girl sitting outside my bedroom door and that the last of my oxygen tubing had been ripped open to the point that duct tape can't repair it. I am using bottled oxygen and the portable oxygen converter with a short hose until the oxygen folks arrive later today with replacements.
  • My back hurts to the point that I can't stand or walk without great pain...
  • so I'm sitting at my desk because the portable oxygen isn't compatible with my lift chair and it hurts too much to stand and make it compatible.
  • For some unknown reason, last night Alex decided to defecate on the rung below his window perch.
  • I'm into another fit of sneezing that the saline solution and blowing my nose doesn't stop.
  • My agenda includes a couple of must-do items that are urgent, but I must be able to walk/drive to do them.


The good news is:

  • the oxygen tubing is promised to be here by noon.
  • my MD2U doc is to visit me at 1:00 PM.


Meanwhile, I have been able to feed the kitty kids and myself (a banana and my morning meds). The kids now eat regularly out of each other's food dishes, which make my feeding them much easier. Alex, however, still wants me to go to his dish and point out his food before he'll jump on his table and eat it. (Silly cat!)

After their breakfast, Sugar jumped on top of the printer, which sits beside my desk, and stared at me until I noticed her and placed on kitty treats on the printer top. Before she could eat them, Little Girl showed up and proceeded to eat Sugar's treats:





Sugar requested more treats. I gave her some more after Little Girl went exploring for some more trouble to get into.

Good news! I have ten replacement nose hoses, which is twice what I am allotted each month. Now if I can just keep the cats from chewing and clawing them.

A substitute MD2U PA visited me this afternoon. My regular PA had a baby two weeks ago and will be away another four or so weeks. I went over all of the medical stuff that has been bothering me the past several weeks and he said he'll call in two prescriptions, one antibiotic to deal with the infection in my lower left leg and one muscle relaxant for the pulled muscles in my lower back. 

He also confirmed that the nail on the big toe of my right leg in ingrown and needs attention. He can have someone visit me at my apartment, but it would cost me $35.00, which I don't have. I do have an appointment at the VA hospital in late December to have my toenails trimmed, so I telephoned and requested an earlier appointment. I've yet to receive a response from the VA.


As tomorrow's election draws near, I feel frightened and very anxious. If the GOP gains control of the federal government, I know I shall no longer have VA medical treatment and, in time, no Social Security income. The radical right-wing of the GOP has vowed to do away with both Social Security and the Veterans' Administration plus anything else that aids the poor, the elderly, and the infirm.

I am so sick of the deceit, deception, disinformation, and defamation of the GOP dirty tricks factory that thrown me into a deep depression, so deep that I can't watch TV and may even skip tonight's Monday Night Football. 






4 comments:

  1. Those are neat kitty kids photos. Glad you have your nose hoses and hope you're breathing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick... could you paint something on the tubing kitties don't like the taste of? like oil of cloves - except that might gas you too! Something gentle to you, but YUCK to cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, the vet recommended that I spray something called "Bitter Apple" on the hose. It didn't work. Of course, part of the problem is that they not only bite it they also play with it with their claws. (It's 27 feet long and wiggles behind me whenever I move). I am now going to try Tabasco Sauce!

      Delete