amazon

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

2014-06-04 Wednesday

Today has been a much, much better day than the past couple of days. I have still been feeling exhausted and stressed; however, the faith that I expressed in yesterday’s journal post as more than sustained me. Besides being tired, the only physical effect remaining relates to my blood sugar count. As I have learned during the years that I have been diabetic, my emotions—especially stress and depression—can negatively affect my blood sugar.




From past experience I realize that this increase in blood sugar level is temporary; I shall return to my normally good readings as I become less stressed and depressed.

Today has been great thanks to some of my dear friends. On Facebook this morning I found that one friend asked after my welfare since she had not seen me around for a bit. It feels good to realize that folks note my absence.

Late this morning I received a telephone call from a pastor colleague who is still active: he pastors the Louisville United Church of Christ in which I was a member during my adolescence and young adulthood. Since I have been limited by my health and lack of gasoline fueled my car, I have not attended the local church functions that I love and miss.

Bob, the pastor, also was aware of my absence and so decided to visit me. He brought with him (after asking me my lunch desire) my favorite pizza. We talked as I dined and, before he left he walked down to the mailboxes and brought me today’s mail.

This evening, after my late evening nap, when I checked my email I found that another very dear friend had made a contribution to the welfare of the Kitty kids and me via PayPal. As I wrote yesterday, with my income this month $300 less than it has been, the Kitty kids and I are again facing difficult financial times. I cannot express how important gifts are to us.
 
Tonight supper consisted of a bit more of the pizza that I had for lunch. As I was eating it, I felt something hard in my mouth. It turned out to be the remainder of the broken tooth that had been giving me so much pain last year until I was able to convince the broken half to dislodge itself. I have no pain from losing this half tooth. It was just a surprise.

 The Kitty kids and I have had a grand day. We look forward to a good night's rest.











No comments:

Post a Comment