amazon

Thursday, January 3, 2013

From Fun to Frustration


This morning began as a grand today. Mr. Sun has been shining brightly, although it's been relatively cold – below freezing. When I carried the garbage bags to my car this morning, I found it so pleasant that I hung around outside for about 10 minutes.

Alex, little girl, and sugar have been well behaved most of the day. I am surprised about their eating habits: not one of the cats is eating from his daughter her accustomed dish. Sugar was eating from Alex's dish, little girl was eating from sugars dish, and Alex was at sugars bowl. All of the Kitty Kids ate their favorite foods for breakfast, including 3 servings of treats. They were happy. I was happy: I was  not being harassed. 


After breakfast I played on the Internet and intermittently with the Kitty kids. Alex periodically jumped up on my desk, requesting treats. That brought sugar and little girl to the top of the printer, requesting treats.




Finally I decided to get the work and began following the time management procedure that works so well for me as an Army officer, social worker, County supervisor, historic preservation commission chair, and in all of the various roles I performed as an ordained clergy: take the TO DO stuff and complete one important item before moving on to the next.

 That procedure is much better for me than the other one I used, which was to have three preys on my desk marked TODAY, TOMORROW and NEXT WEEK (MAYBE).

The problem with the latter procedure is that most of what I did was to move what was in the TODAY into one of the other two.

Unfortunately, item #1 (a short form for Medicare) took me 4 &$%##& hours to do it. (That is a story all into itself!).

I'll try to write more later. Now I need a bit of a nap.


Earlier today Alex leaped onto my desk as I was changing the batteries in my hearing aids. I snapped this photo:


I took the photo as a bit of humor and commented in Facebook that I was concerned that Alex would eat my hearing aid. I had no real concern: Alex knows the difference between plastic and a kitty cat treat. Besides, if I had really been concerned I would have picked up the hearing aid rather than the camera.

I may, however, have tempted the Fates with my humor. This evening, while I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, the hearing aid in my left ear fell out. I heard it hit the floor, but, even though I have sweep the floor and under everything that I can, I've yet to find it. Of course, the looking and bending over aren't good for me. After about ten minutes I was winded and my back hurt. 

I am continuing to search for my hearing aid as I can, knowing that it hasn't left my apartment.




No comments:

Post a Comment